Wednesday, August 31, 2011

" Now that the shoe's on the other foot"

Several years back I vividly recall a good friend of mine, visiting me to share with me his joy, about his being BORN AGAIN! I remember the excitement in his voice, the smile on his face, as he told me how good GOD had been to him. I think back to my reaction to this GOOD NEWS. I sat indifferent, not happy for him, and if I'm totally honest somewhat JEALOUS!! I was living the so called good life. I was at the club a minimum of three times a week. I stayed "FEELING GOOD" at all times. I recall joking with a friends about how rappers rap about being drunk and high all the time, but I was living it. Thus I was keeping it real.(lol) I wasn't rich but I wasn't broke either, I felt that obtaining money "BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY" was how REAL MEN went about day to day life. I truly did not need to hear all this JESUS stuff. Now I know that I was listening to a MAN Of GOD and I still hadn't fully matured, even at such an advanced age. I Corinthians 13:11 states that When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man I put childish ways behind me.

My friend visited several more times getting the same results. I sometimes hid from him (Tell him I'm not home). What was I scared of. I would say I feared CHANGE!! I know this a very old cliche, but it's so very appropiate. It's much harder to do what's right, than to do what's wrong. I had an PHD in doing the wrong thing. I started out as a novice, but I surpassed alot of my associates in doing wrong, and had the nerve to take pride in it. (WOW) What a difference a day makes or two.

Well the table's have turned and now I find myself living for the LORD! Not as often as I should I occasionally try to share the WORD with others and get the "GAS FACE" . (Reap what you sow) But I won't give up I know often, especially with people who knew you when, it's not so much what you say, but what you do. John 1: 41 states " The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, WE have FOUND the MESSIAH!! So I'll keep on striving and I think I'll give my friend a call and share with just how GOOD GOD"S been to me .
William D. Lee Jr.


1 comment:

  1. This is Wonderful message...I don't mind you sharing the word with me...in fact I welcome it...and I won't give you the "Gas Face".

    ReplyDelete